Nota para mis seguidoras de habla española: Volveré muy pronto con otra versión del vídeo y de la entrada, para que no os perdáis ningún paso. ^_^
Hi there, I'm a big fan of My Favorite Things products, but their annual Card Design Superstar Challenge always catches me off guard... not this year! I've made a triple interactive card for the Innovation Master category. I hope you like it!
I made the card for my nephew and godson Nico, using mainly the Die-namics Castle set and the BB Magical Dragons stamp set, but also many unexpected MFT products which you can see in my video tutorial (there's also a list at the end of this post):
I had to edit the video quite a lot so that it wouldn't be super long... if you feel like making the card and are uncertain about any of the steps, feel free to comment. I'll be glad to help!
For example, I forgot to mention that the sliding panel of the second mechanism (that makes the Dino open its mouth) is attached to the base with the same brad that goes through the first band-aid shape in the right column...
The first mechanism, is a rotating disk that allows three different fairy tale characters to look out through the window...
My favorite mechanism is the second one... when you pull the tab, a message (from the retired "Super Boy" stamp set) is revealed and the T-rex opens its mouth! It ate the present and the dragon looks so confused, lol!
Here's the card with the third interactive element, a hidden sliding tower, in full view. As I said in the video, my nephew Nico loves cows, so I had to add one to his Birthday card. The stamp, from the BB Whole Herd set, is also easy to color on gray cardstock...
I paper pieced the balloons -which I stamped on thin red, blue and yellow cardstock and shaded with Copic markers- to the cow stamp.
I hope you liked my triple interactive card... it's not quick to make but I bet any kid or MFT fan would love to receive one... ^_^
Here's a list of all the My Favorite Things products that I used. I'll be back very soon with another card!
- Die-namics Castle
- BB Magical Dragons
- BB Whole Herd
- Die-namics Band-Aids (for the T-rex mechanism)
- The retired "Super Boy" stamp set (the sentiment)
- Stitched Banner Alphabet
- Die-namics LLD Bundle of Baby Clothes (the curved rope die to cut the green hill)
- Die-namics LLD Tea Party (the tiny heart below the sentiment)
- Die-namics Stitched Circle Scallop Frames (the inside of the largest die for the rotating disk)
- LLD Cup of Tea (the sentiment on the brown banner)
- You're Rawr-some
- BB Birthday Bears (the present in the dino's mouth)
- Interactive Labels
- The retired "Blue Prints 15" (the pull tab)
- Die-namics Blueprints 28 (the tiny circle die)
- Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Paper Pack